Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, February 18, 2019

Växjö Week 5 - February 18, 2019

This week was great!

I was on splits with Elder Callor and it was amazing. We were on splits almost exaclty a year ago up in Boden!


An extremely cool thing that happened on splits was that a prayer we offered was answered. Elder Callor and I prayed specifically a few times that we would recognize people we talked to and that people we talked to would recognized us throughout the day. Elder Buckley and I had also prayed previously in the morning that we would be able to talk again to people that we had talked to before. As Elder Callor and I approached one bus stop, I saw a man that I had had a great conversation with on the bus two weeks ago. Elder Callor and I began talking with him on this bus and had an even better conversation this time. This man loved hearing us talk about the Plan of Salvation and said that he was interested in meeting us! 

One hard part of this week was a lesson where one of our friends explained that he was no longer interested in meeting or coming to church. I feel like he has make wonderful progress, and it was heart breaking to leave the lesson with the understanding that it was the last we will have with him at least for the time being. It seemed like everything was right on track. This friend of ours kept all of the commitments we extended to him and seemed to really enjoy learning about the church. I am convinced that his story isn't over yet, though, I hope that he will see how blessed he was to be progressing here.

We had a lot of time to try to find new people to teach this week, and on Friday evening it seemed especially difficult to find people who were willing to talk to us. As we waited at a bus stop on our way home, we were sending some texts when we saw the announcement from the Church about missionary communication policy! Elder Buckley and I were pretty shocked and it was hard to focus for the next few minutes. I even woke up the next morning convinced that the announcement was part of a dream I had until Elder Buckley verified that it was real. Pretty fun time to be a missionary! It was delightful to talk to you all this morning!

One highlight of the week was when we got to teach the plan of salvation to one of our friends! After the last lesson we had with her, we left the Plan of Salvation brochure and invited her to read it. She did that, and when we asked her about how it went she explained that the things she read seemed right. It was great to hear that, and we testified that the things she read were right and that the feeling she had came through the Holy Ghost. I love teaching about and learning more about the Plan of Salvation. 

I have really enjoyed my personal studies recently. One of the study suggestions in Preach My Gospel is to read through all four of the Gospels in the New Testament paying specific attention to the questions that Jesus Christ asks. Doing this study of the New Testament has been thrilling. I am in the Gospel of Mark right now, and yesterday almost all of the questions I read about from Jesus Christ were about bread. At one point, Christ asks "how many loaves have ye?" The disciples answer, and the number of loaves is clearly not enough to feed the multitude. Yet it becomes enough, and there are even loaves to spare. I know that our efforts are also not enough to accomplish the tremendous tasks we all face each day, yet somehow (because of Jesus Christ) they are enough. Let's keep pressing forward!

Have a great week!

Äldste Francis


No comments:

Post a Comment