Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, May 6, 2019

Växjö Week 16 - May 6, 2019



Hello!

A great week!

We had zone conference! How is it so good every time?? My favorite parts were when we talked about language study, thriving vs. surviving, and ordinances of salvation. The zone leaders presented about how important it is to have a "language study plan". I had language study plans for maybe the first year of my mission but after that... nothing. So now I have one again! And the zone leaders were way right! It has helped a lot. Part of my study plan includes memorizing scriptures, and I already have two down! I feel really motivated to continue improving my Swedish, I am thankful for the zone leader's inspiration. 

Sister Youngberg talked about thriving vs. surviving. She shared many amazing and wonderful things, one of them came from 2 Nephi 5:27. The verse talks about how the Nephites "lived after the manner of happiness." Sister Youngberg referred to earlier verses in the chapter and talked about how happiness comes when we are "industrious." I think that is a wonderful principle, one that I have been applying since then. President's section in zone conference about ordinances was extremely enlightening and faith strengthening. He based a lot of what he said off of a talk Tad R. Callister gave at BYU. I'm not sure what it is called or anything but I will try to find it and include a linc sometime. Basically, each ordinance in the Gospel helps us to become more like our Father in Heaven! I loved realizing that.
We taught a man named Gunnar this week! We talked with him at the door a few days ago and then he let us in when we returned a few days later. He met with missionaries in 1949!! The two elders he met were Americans that had both served in the war. We told Gunnar about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, probably just like those elders did so many years ago. We left a copy of Mormons bok with him and will be returning soon. Gunnar showed us a Swedish Bible he has that was printed in 1845, see the awesome picture below. The ancient book has been in his family since it was purchased new. Please pray for Gunnar!

Mats read in the Book of Mormon on his own!!!! And he read a lot! He was asking me all about Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life at church yesterday. He thought it was so so strange that some of the people who had eaten the fruit left the tree. It was cool to discuss that with him. 

We ate dinner with Diego (one of our friends who we teach), his mother, and his mother's two friends. One of the friends is visiting from El Salvador, and while she is not a member of the Church herself, her son is. He served a mission in Utah, and she has two nephews that have also served missions. How cool! Diego just got a new phone and he took some rather high definition photos of Elder Childs and I. It was so fun to be there!

I love you all! Happy early Mother's Day! 

Äldste Francis


Sorry about the pictures again... Drive is still full. 


No comments:

Post a Comment