Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, November 13, 2017

Boden Week 11 - November 13, 2017


Hello Family and Friends!


On Friday, Elder Harris and I had 2 lessons that ended up not working out. Our backup plan was contacting. We were both feeling like not contacting. Its hard sometimes!! So we said a prayer that we could receive strength and comfort.

During the contacting stund, we saw one of our investigators, the mother in the Mongolian family we teach! She was so happy to see us and it was comforting for us to see someone who was happy to see the missionaries! She needed a phone to call her husband so it worked out very nicely that we ran into each other. I know that Heavenly Father puts the right people in our path and that he can give us the strength we need.

And now for the paragraph of things I want to tell you but I don't have time to write a paragraph about them all... We met with Gonzolo again this week! Super friendly guy and a really fun dad. We had dinner at Fern's house! The power went out but we got figured out! We missed the bus to Distrikt Meeting and the car wouldn't start for the systers! But we had distrikt meeting eventually. We saw the Northern LIghts SO GOOD this week! They were huge and covered the sky. Sorry we don't have pics for you :(  They were so pretty :)



 On Wednesday, I turned 19 and Elder Harris hit his year mark in Sweden! It was a special day for both of us! We were able to teach a former investigator named Gulla that day! She is still interested in investigatin the Church but had gotten a new phone card so she had no way of contacting us until we contacted her!


Thank you so much for the package!! I have worn the sweater for the past 4 days and I am wearing it now! The gloves are so cool! They will be perfect for the harsh cold here. Please tell Brother Tibbitts thank you! Also, Elder Harris and I have enjoyed eating the Mike and Ikes! I loved the card, too! Please tell everyone thank you!!

Exciting story from a few hours ago...
Elder Harris and I were driving to Luleå to email and we had an accident! Elder Harris was driving and long story short we ran into the car in front of us. I was actually looking down at the iPod trying to find a song we wanted to listen to and then we hit! The lady we hit was very friendly and both cars had only minor damage.





I had an experience with the Book of Mormon that I have never quite had before! I was reading from the book of Mosiah chapter  16 and verse 9 just jumped out at me. It is a scripture I have heard before, but this time when I read it I felt like I understood it, believed it, and just had a huge desire to share its message! I read the verse over and over and ended up writing it on a notecard to commit to memory. The verse says, 'He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.' There is less and less sunlight here in Boden, and I think that this is one reason the scripture impacted me. Jesus Christ is both the light we need and the life we need. It is so comforting to me to know that He is a light that can not be turned off and is the cure to death. I believe in Christ! 

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment