Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Friday, December 15, 2017

Boden Week 15 - December 10, 2017



Another fantastic week! We received a few more inches of snow, and it actually warmed up a little! 


Our apartment is very warm! There is a heater in every room and we have an extra in the study room.

We don't ride bikes anymore... We could, if we needed to. We just go to the far places when we have the car and stay closer to the apartment when we don't.

My coat is warm enough! I have purchased one small jacket and one bigger coat. There was a huge parka left in the apartment that I use on the cold, cold days.

We go tracting everyday! We aren't allowed to after 8 pm. It gets dark much earlier than that but we kämpa på!


I have seen the Northern Lights one more time this week! That makes 3 times.


This week started off with splits in Umeå, a four hour bus ride south of Luleå! I had the great opportunity to be companions with Elder Harden again! He is one of the Zone Leaders, along with Elder Bringhurst. Elder Harris and I had a great time working and growing with them in Umeå. We took the bus back on Wednesday. After District Meeting on Thursday, we had splits again, this time with the Skellefteå elders! I got to be with Elder Barker, Elder Harris with Elder Callor. We have all become close friends!

A great lesson with Jakob this week! We taught him about keeping the Sabbath day holy and about praying and reading the scriptures. It is the first time I have taught that as a missionary to an investigator. One cool thing about teaching people about the Gospel is that you learn it better yourself as you study it and then explain it to someone else! I am grateful for the commandment we have been given to keep Sunday holy, to pray, and to read our scriptures. I hope that I can be better at keeping these commandments so that I can be better at teaching them.


Zone Conference is on Friday in Stockholm! In preparation we have been asked to study Elder Holland's talk from the most recent General Conference, 'Be Ye Therefore Perfect - Eventually.' I studied that along with the 'patience' section of Christlike Attributes in Preach My Gospel this week. Studying it made me feel peaceful. I have felt a little overwhelmed with goals and numbers and people to talk to and to help and just the everyday missionary life! The words of Elder Holland have been the perfect remedy. I encourage you all to read his inspired words.

Have a great week! #EttLjusFörVärlden

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment