Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, June 18, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 18 - June 18, 2018

Hello!

Another great few days here in Sweden!

Most of the missionaries in the Stockholm and Stockholm South Zones planted flowers at the temple together on Thursday! I saw so many great friends and we had a great time catching up. I talked a ton to my MTC companion Elder Wayment, it is hard for both of us to believe that it was 11 months ago that we started this great adventure! The flowers at the temple ended up looking super nice. Our job as missionaries was just to plant the flowers, they had already been laid out in intricate patterns. I didn't realize that as I was placing each plant into the soil, it was after the job was done that I recognized that the patterns were there. This was an interesting insight into missionary work and life in general for me. 



I was able to go on splits again with Elder Harden this week! We were in his area, Täby. As we were driving back from a meal with one of the members in their ward, we saw a lady reading a book and we decided to stop to talk to her. It turns out that her boyfriend was there, too, flying the fastest drones I've ever seen. He had a whole course set up and we watched for a few minutes. It was awesome! The couple wasn't super interested in talking about our message just then but it I'm glad we stopped! 


Elder Harden and I had a great day together, he is an awesome missionary and had some really helpful advice.

Today, Elder Gordon and I went to a famous hot dog stand in Stockholm called Gunther's Korv! The korvs were huge. There were also a few other Americans at the stand, it was fun to talk to them. 

Transfer calls were yesterday! I'll be staying here in Jakobsberg with Elder Gordon! We are both super excited for the next six weeks. There is only one change in the district this transfer, Elder Berlin will be leaving. Other than that, Elder Harden will still be here as well as the Jakobsberg and Täby sisters.

I was impressed as I was reading in 1 Nephi 15 this week. In verse 11, Nephi reminds his brothers about the process that the Lord gave for understanding spiritual things: " Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you."
As I read this, I was reminded of President Nelson's recent General Conference address when he said, " In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."
One of the things that I am most grateful to have experienced while I have been serving here in Sweden is receiving and recognizing answers to prayers. I can testify that I have received answers to questions I have had and that I have been able to understand more about the Gospel by following the process outlined by Nephi. By following this process, the Spirit is better able to speak to us. I know that is true! 

Have a great week!

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment