Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, June 25, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 19 - June 25, 2018


Glad Midsommar! 

Elder Gordon and I got up at midnight on the longest day of the year, the plan was to take a picture of how bright it was outside. We ended up just looking out the window and then getting back to bed. But yes, it was light out at midnight!

This week was awesome! We have some great transfer goals set up and Elder Gordon and I are looking forward to the next six weeks.


We taught a man from Hawaii yesterday! We found him going through the Area Book Planner app. One cool feature of the app is that we can look at a map in the app and see where former investigators and other previous missionary contacts live. This man requested a Book of Mormon a year ago. He got the copy of the book already but hadn't been taught anything. The lesson yesterday was really great, we will see what happens in the next few weeks!

As we were walking to the lesson with our Hawaiian friend, another man ran up to us and explained that he had been taught by the missionaries about a year ago. He said that he wanted to meet again, so we took his number and actually ended up meeting him a few hours later. He said he was taught for about 6 months and has been to the church here many times. He even had a baptismal date, but somehow when he went to Pakistan he lost contact with the Elders. We'll be teaching him again tomorrow.

We have been finding some people lately that seem really prepared. Thank you for all of the prayers! 

It seems like this week was full of spiritual experiences. One that I'll share here was just something small, it was when Elder Gordon shared a part from his personal study with me. He had studied about prayer in the Bible Dictionary and came to the realization that when we pray, we should pray as Christ would, that is why we close in His name. For some reason it really struck me, and as I have prayed since then I have thought to myself, "am I praying in the way that Christ would pray, is this prayer truly in His name?" It has improved my prayers, I'm grateful that Elder Gordon shared that with me! I am grateful for prayer.

Have a great week of summer!!


Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment