Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, July 30, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 24 - July 30, 2018



Hej hej!

This week was awesome!
We had two sets of splits this week, one with the zone leaders and one with the assistants! I was with Elder Craun in Gubbängen for the first one and then with Elder Harden here in Jakobsberg for the second. It was my fifth time being on exchanges with Elder Harden, I feel blessed to have served around him. He'll be headed home on Thursday, it's unbelievable how quickly the time has passed! 
-Here are some berries from where we did yard work (goosberries, yum!)

On Monday, we were able to do some service at the home with one of the people we are teaching! He is building a fence around his yard so that his son can play safely without running away. My job was to trim back an evergreen tree so that it wouldn't be in the way of the fence. It's been kind of a long time since I've done yard work, and I have definitely missed it! Elder Harden and I helped with the project again while on splits. We were able to talk with the man we teach about some good gospel topics, he has really good questions.

I got a flat tire on my bike a few days ago. It made it so that Elder Gordon and I had to take a few more buses than usual, but that was a blessing because we talked to some cool people and even became friends with one of our neighbors! Our bishop is really big into biking and he'll be helping us with the flat on Tuesday.
A tree hanging at the Stockholm Central Station

Transfer calls were last night! I will be staying here in Jakobsberg for my fifth transfer!!! Elder Gordon is headed to the other side of Stockholm to be a zone leader in Gubbängen and I'll take his place as the district leader here. Äldste Barney is my new companion. We are in the same MTC group and he is from Arizona. Exciting times ahead! 

I hope that you all have a fantastic week!

Elder Francis

Dear Family,

I  am staying in Jakobsberg! Crazy, right? I thought that I would definitly leave. More details on the voice recording below. :)

I received a letter in the mail saying that the package will be sent to Sweden once I have paid the tax. I just paid and it should be on it's way!

I saw the pictures of the horses, camping, and the reporter! Looks like another busy week.

I feel so happy that one of the girls Ben found will be getting baptized! That is a miracle. I love Ben so much and I am so grateful that we get to share the Scandinavian experience. I think about him a lot and I am so glad that he was able to make it through a tough summer camp!

Are you speaking at Church education week?

Thank you for the wonderful updates! I love you, Mama! Your emails always uplift me and I know that you follow promptings when you write to me, there is always a spiritual thought that comes in a timely manner.
Love,
Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment