Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, August 6, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 25 - August 6, 2018


The first week of a new transfer! To be honest, I think that my love for Jakobsberg just about doubled this week! At first, I was a little unsure of how to feel about staying for a fifth transfer. Plus, it was hard to say hej då to Elder Gordon, we have been working super well together. But it turns out that Elder Barney and I work splendidly together as well, we have had some pretty amazing experiences the past few days!!
First, there is a lady named Nathalie that Elder Gordon and I met on a bus a few weeks ago. We set up a tour of the chapel with her, and Elder Barney and I gave the tour on Thursday. We tried to make it interesting, one of the things we did was play a hymn on the piano for her and and her two kids. At District Council right before the tour we had talked a lot about being bold, and Elder Barney and I had decided to ask Nathalie to be baptized during the tour as an act of boldness! We asked her, and while she didn't say 'yes' we were able to get a better grasp on the things we can teach her to help her progress. We met with her again on Saturday and have another lesson for tomorrow. Miracles happening here!
We found the missing bike key! You have no idea how happy that made me. That silly key has caused much more trouble than it's worth! I had a dream that I found it last night, then Elder Barney found it on the side of our landlord's driveway this morning. I feel like we would have seen it earlier, I'll just assume that it's a miracle. One cool side effect of losing the key has been that I have thought a ton about how important priesthood keys are, Elder Gary E. Stevenson gave an awesome talk illustrating this principle that you can read here.
We played basketball in Gubbängen for p-day and I saw Elder Gordon! We caught up on the past few days, it feels like it's been a lot longer than that for some reason. I love being a missionary! I have met so many lifelong friends and learned so much! 
Ha det bra!

Love,

Äldste Francis


Dear Family,

I can't believe that Emma is already 18! I still feel like I am 18. I am glad that she made it home safely!

Being a district leader has gone well so far! We had a really good district council on Thursday. Thank you for the advice you sent! I will read the talk this evening. I also loved the package! Thank you for sending the family reunion shirt, it was well done! My plan is to put the scripture cards on my bike, we just found the key to the lock so we can ride them again. Please tell Eli that the tie does look like Sweden, and thank you Naomi for the red van! I love when I receive things from home and know that everything inside has been held by everyone at home!

The names of the district: Jakobsberg Sister Training Leaders are Syster Westerlind and Syster Hickman, Täby Systers are Syster Robison and Syster Smiley, and the Assistants are Elder Beveridge and Elder Derr. Plus Elder Barney and I! It has been fun getting to know everyone. There are about 5 districts in our zone, and Elder Gordon is my new zone leader! We saw him today when we played sports with other missionaries in Gubbängen. 

I think that Boden always has a special place in my heart, but I do feel super close to Jakobsberg. It is so strange thinking that this has been my home for half of a year!

I am not sure when Syster Hall's homecoming is, but I am sure that you could go. She gave all of us her email before she left, it is elisejudithhall@gmail.com

I feel excited about my new calling, it has motivated me to be better! Elder Barney is really funny, he is from Arizona. We have felt exhausted when we walk in the door at 9 pm each night, we have worked hard together. He is in my group! I am really grateful to be companions with him, we are both really motivated to be obedient and bold! 

I am so happy that you met a Swedish couple in Yellowstone!! How fun. Did they speak Swedish to you? Thank you for telling them about the gospel! 

Great job on the presentation! What did you talk about? And how did you get that assignment?

Mama, I was so shocked to hear about the trailer! I was worried when I saw the pictures. I am glad that everyone is okay but so sad that Grandpa's trailer is gone. Is everyone running around barefoot now? It is so funny that you were all able to fit in the Pilot. I am so thankful that you are all safe and that Papa followed the prompting to back up the car. What a scary experience!
Thank you for the update, Mama! This week has been so good, I think that my love for Jakobsberg has doubled over the past few days! 

Have a great week,

Love,

Sam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment