Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, August 13, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 26 - August 13, 2018


Another awesome week! Here are a few quick highlights...

I went on splits with the new assistant, Äldste Derr! We went to high school together (Go Darts!!) and it was such an awesome experience to be companions for a day. Elder Derr has a ton of energy and a tangible excitement for missionary work! I learned a lot from him. A few people we talked to recognized us as the Mormons and asked if we were from Salt Lake. Elder Derr and I just turned to each other, smiled, and said "yep!" We are the stereotype. Go Kaysville! Go Darts! Go Mormons!

Guess what happened? Last Sunday, the missionaries in an area called Skövde called and told us about two people they are teaching who actually live in Jakobsberg's ward. The two men, Mark from Hungary and Tommy from northern Sweden, will be getting baptized sometime in September.  Elder Barney and I will get to help teach them through Skype!  These guys came to our ward yesterday and they are awesome. They have been taught by the missionaries in Skövde for about two weeks, and before that they had already learned a ton about the Church and even started listening to Mormon Channel Radio and watching KSL. Miracles happening here!

A few days ago, Elder Barney and I had a really good conversation with a man who is a priest in the Swedish Church. We went by his home again yesterday and he seemed really intrigued by the Book of Mormon. It was so cool to testify to him about our Savior Jesus Christ visiting the Americas. Our priest friend will hopefully be coming to church sometime soon. As a side note, he has the coolest lawn ever!! There is a train track that runs all around it and apparently little kids can ride on an engine he has.

One more thing... I love the book of Mosiah! I am reading there in the Book of Mormon right now and it is possibly my favorite book. While I was reading in it two days ago, I came across one of my favorite verses in all of scripture, Mosiah 16:9! I remember reading that verse about nine months ago while serving in dark, cold, beautiful Boden. The verse lifted my spirits then and did the same for me two days ago. I testify again that Jesus Christ is the light and the life of the world, our cure to both darkness and death!

Have the best week!

Äldste Francis

 
We took this one picture this week. Sorry!!



No comments:

Post a Comment