Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Växjö Week 23 - June 24, 2019

Hello!

Another fun week in Växjö! 

Elder Olson and I had our last train ride to Malmö together for my last zone conference. We arrived the night before the conference and I had my exit interview with President Youngberg. It was surreal to meet with him for the last time and to talk about my plan for when I return home! President gave me some really helpful, exciting advice.

Elder Olson and I stayed at the Malmö zone leader's apartment that night with two other sets of elders. Zone conference the next morning was inspiring as usual. We focused on finding answers to common responses that we get from people. I got to bear my testimony to the zone at the end of the conference for the last time. It felt good to testify of things that I know and to reflect on how my testimony has truly strengthened in amazing ways over the past two years!

I said goodbye to a few missionaries that I won't be seeing (at least for a while now) including Elder Burns and Elder Childs. So many people and places that I love! Elder Olson and I felt very refreshed on the train ride back to Växjö and had great conversations with three different people. 

On Saturday morning during planning, Elder Olson and I decided to use our time in the morning to go out and simply walk around the area of our apartment to talk to everyone. We had a goal to "find the one." It was interesting because there were significantly less people outside than we had thought would be. We actually only ended up talking to a few people, but one of those people seems quite promising! She is an older lady who was on her way to visit a big church in Växjö. She met the missionaries in Växjö about 10 years ago and told us that she even attended church with them. We invited her to come again, and she did! It was awesome because she sat down next to a member who was able to answer all of her questions. Hopefully we can teach this lady this week. We found the one!

At our branch sports activity later on Saturday, one of the members brought a friend. We became good friends with this member's friend and invited him to attend church with us. He also came yesterday! We are meeting him this evening at 6 pm, please pray that it goes well!  

I celebrated midsommar for the second time on Friday! Elder Olson and I biked to a beautiful park called Evedal by a lake and met up with other branch members there. We had a fun fika and watched professional dancers dance around the midsummer pole. After spending some time with the branch members, we decided to go around and talk to other people that came to the celebration. Elder Olson and I were surprised when we met a man whom we had street contacted the day before! We did not recognize him at first, but as we walked up he smiled and pulled the contacting card we had given him the day before out of his pocket. It was cool to see that we had been led back to a prepared man. We got to meet his two young daughters who were with him at the midsommar festival, and we were also able to get his contact information. The Lord knows where we need to be!

I hope your week of summer has been fabulous!

Love you all!

Äldste Francis













No comments:

Post a Comment