Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Åldste Francis and Ældste Francis


Sam woke up early the Monday after he received his mission call and emailed back and forth with Ben for a bit.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
I know so cool! Two days before I opened my call, I had a dream that I went to Sweden. I was sure I would go Chinese speaking somewhere, so I didn't even consider Stockholm!!! When I opened my call, I was shocked!!! Did you see the video?
2 other kids from Davis go the same day I do!!!! I actually know them both pretty well. Jace Callor and Justin Butler. I was on track with them both and Jace worked with us at Cherry Hill. Do you remember him?
I leave July 19!!!! The week after you come home!!!! I will see you, Ben!!!!

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Benjamin Francis <benjamin.francis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
That is so great!! We are going to have a great week together before you leave. I don't remember Jace, but it has been a long time. Where is the Jepson boy going? Mama sent me a picture with both of you in it.

Danish and Swedish are quite similar, so it will be fun trying to talk to each other.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:46 AM Benjamin Francis <benjamin.francis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
I did see the video. It was amazing!



On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
Bryant Jepsen is going to Copenhagen Denmark!!!!! He leaves July 12!!! Sad you don't remember Jace. He remembers you because a few times you took his Cardiac Canyon shift and he was grateful for that.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:52 AM Benjamin Francis <benjamin.francis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
NO WAY!!!! Another Davis Dart coming to Denmark. That is so exciting. If he has any questions I would love to answer them.

Are you excited for Swedish? You get to sing when you talk.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
So excited for Bryant and Swedish! I was reading about Swedish versus Danish or Norwegian and it says that it's easiest for Norwegians to understand both Danish and Swedish, but Swedes can understand Danes if they concentrate and vice versa.
I'm sorry for have no not written for a while! You probably know I made it into BYU and got my wisdom teeth out!! How did you find out it was Sweden? Also sfrancis@myldsmail.net is my new email for being a missionary.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:04 AM Benjamin Francis <benjamin.francis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Mama sent me the video of you opening you call, so I watched that. Sorry if I jumped the gun a little bit.

If I focus then I can understand Norsk and Svesk. You are going to think that I speak with a potato in my mouth once you learn Swedish. If you want to work on the language duolingo is a free website that helps you get started.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh nice! I actually read the thing about the potatoe. It also said Danes sound like they are drunk all the time!!! Hahaha
Do you feel like you have learned the language pretty well?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:11 AM Benjamin Francis <benjamin.francis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Yes, it has taken a long time, and now I can say almost everthing I need to.

They think Danes sound drunk?! At least I don't have to practice cracking my voice everytime I talk. :) Sorry, my entire mission I have heard and made jokes about Sweden, and now you are going there. Rumor has it here that missionaries in Sweden have iPhones and iPads and Cars....

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
Hahahaha... IDK about the cars thing. As for iPads, my packet says not to bring a mobile device. So Swedish sounds  pretty high to you? It sounds like they are having immigration issues. Does Denmark have that? Also is Sweden colder and darker? You've been there, right?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:18 AM Benjamin Francis <benjamin.francis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Swedish does sound high to me. Sweden is very closed with immigration. Denmark does have some problems, but nothing to serious. Northern Sweden is colder and darker because it is higher. The southern end is like Denmark, and that is the part I have seen.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
It is unreal to me that we will serve so close. Do you have to go soon? All week, everyone has been planning what we will do with the week we are together. It's already been scheduled that we speak the same day! I actually apologize for that #1 because you will have tons more to say and will want more time and #2 because I feel awkward speaking with a returned missionary... it won't be too bad, but I think it will be quite crowded!!!

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:24 AM Benjamin Francis <benjamin.francis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Don't even worry about it. I am actually really nervous about my homecoming talk. I have spoken Danish in church the last 18 months. I don't know if I could speak correctly in English. I translated yesterday, and about every 20 words I would say one in Danish. The crowd will be there for you. All of the people I know are on missions, and won't get back for a few months after me.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:26 AM Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
From your emails, your English is fine but it sounds like you write with a potatoe in your mouth.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
Haha just kidding!!!!! Also, my packet showed me a picture of my mission president and he will be released the month I leave... so who knows who it will be. What is your companions name?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:29 AM Benjamin Francis <benjamin.francis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
You get a new mission President. That will be very nice.

My companion is Elder Gardner from Mesa, Arizona.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh cool! It has been nice emailing you, Ben! I am pretty tired and have my last Calc test in a few hours. Thanks for your example. I have to admit I was bracing myself for us not seeing each other for 4 years, but it looks like the Lord wanted it to work out differently. I am so excited to serve in Sweden and maybe catch a glimpse of what it was like for you there in Denmark. Thanks again. I promise to email next week! 
Love,
Soon to be Åldste Francis

From: Benjamin Francis <benjamin.francis@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:36 AM
Subject: Re:
To: Sam Francis <samueljosephfrancis@gmail.com>


Thanks Sam. Hav en god uge.

Love, Ældste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment