Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Friday, August 4, 2017

Hallå! - August 3, 2017


Wow! Another week has flown by!

This week was similar to last week... We had language class, teaching investigators, eating, sleeping, studying, exercising, and all the rest! One new activity this week was called TRC. Elder Wayment and I went and taught two 20 minute lessons to people in Swedish. They were both members. We had a great time talking with them about diligence, one of the Christ like attributes from Preach My Gospel. Our message was simple. We shared D&C 58:26-29 with them. 



Another newish thing this week was that we no longer teach our original investigator, Gabriella. She turned into our second teacher Syster Eborn! Now we teach two investigators named Michaela and Nu! Elder Wayment and I are excited to improve our teaching skills as we learn more of the language and become more familiar with Preach My Gospel. We sing a hymn during each lesson and we have found that it really brings the Spirit! Even though the investigators aren't "real" we know that the lessons are good practice.



Sundays are so great! We don't necessarily have more time to "rest" completely but we have so many edifying meetings. The Finnish missionaries left this week, so two of them gave sacrament talks in Finnish. The Sunday devotional this week was from Brother and Sister Priday. They shared great messages. One thing that stood out to me from their talks was something Brother Priday said: "We can't force Heavenly Father to comply with our desires. We need to pray for faith to empower us to act on God's will." 



Probably the best part of the week was when our district watched a devotional that Elder Bednar gave here a few years ago. His message was called "Recognizing the Holy Ghost." One of his biggest points was that "Christ increasingly trusts us. So the vast majority of spiritual promptings will not come as a huge feeling. The promptings of the Holy Ghost are most easily recognized in hindsight. Be a good boy or girl. Do the things you are supposed to be doing and you will be guided by the Spirit often without even knowing it." That isn't word for word, but I hope that I can convey how striking his message was.



Our district had the oppertunity to "host" MTC tours this week! My assignment was to stand inside of one of the new buildings, T4, and direct people down the hallway. I was standing near my great friend Elder Butler and we both saw one of our close friends, Hunter Madsen! It was great to see a familiar face. Oh yeah! I see Nathan Fales all the time! I have also seen my friend Dax from Wahlquist. 


Happy Birthday to my sister Emma! She is turning 17! Wait what!?

I hope that this email was informative enough... I'm not sure exactly what everyone wants to know, so please send an email if you have a question! I'll close with this quote from Elder. D. Todd Christoffersen: "Willingly accept and seek corrections." This quote is one that I have been pondering this week. I know that change is hard, yet all of us need to be constantly trying to improve ourelves as we strive to become more like Jesus Christ. I have also been thinking about how family is so important! Families are truly central to the Plan of Salvation. 

Have an underbar vecka!

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment