Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Hejsan! - August 24, 2017

With my 3rd grade friend, Nathan Fales. He is going to Hungary
So much happened this week! As always! The first big event was getting flight plans! We leave the MTC on Monday the 28th at 3:30 AM. Then we drive to the SLC airport, call our families, and fly to JFK! We only have a one hour layover there until flying straight to Stockholm. It is hard to describe the excitement this district has felt over the past week!

Our clean room!


Our second perfect room inspection sheet!

We had two great devotionals over the past few days. On Sunday, we heard from the LDS music artist Kenneth Cope. He shared some interesting thoughts and some great music. He sang his EFY song "More" which was so fun for me because I have many happy memories listening to it at home with my older brother Ben! Brother Cope's message was focused on how much love our Heavenly Father has for us. 
P-day fun
The Tuesday Devotional was one I will never forget, given by Elder Weatherford Clayton of the Seventy! He recently spoke at General Conference and at my Stake Conference! I loved his message and his wife's message. One thing that they shared with us is that we all have something to contribute to the mission where we will be serving.


With good friend Elder Isaac Browning who is headed to London, England.
We just need to share the strengths we have and trust that we have been called there for a reason. I think that this is applicable to everyone, full time missionaries and member missionaries! We just need to give what we can and trust that our efforts will be of some help somehow.





The eclipse on Monday was so cool! Pretty much the whole MTC was outside. It got a little darker and cooler here and the shadows were interesting. Our district had one pair of eclipse glasses (thank you Elder Jepsen!) so we were able to watch the moon passing over the sun.

Mom's note: Nettie randomly saw this photo on Facebook and recognized Sam! He is hosting our West Weber neighbor, Kristen Fowers', son who entered the MTC! What a small world and tender mercy!

One of the best parts of the week was hosting! I got to help four new elders leave their families and get all settled in. One of the elders I helped is the grandson of the neighbors of my Hunsaker Grandparents! It was so cool to figure that out! After hosting, I got to see Elder Wayment sing for the New Missionary Devotional! We heard the same things we heard on our first day here, but this time with 5 weeks of experience. I have come a long way!

With Hunter Madsen, good friend from Davis High.

On Sunday, I got watched the movie "Joseph Smith." I was reminded of how much he gave to building the Kingdom of God on earth. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God. I know that we have prophet on the earth today! I am so grateful for that knowledge and I am so excited to share it with people in Sweden!

I love you all! The next time I email will be in Sweden!
Love,
Sam      
Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment