Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Thursday, August 17, 2017

This was the shortest month of my life! - August 17, 2017




What a great week! I will have been in the MTC for 30 days on Saturday! These 30 days have been full! Full of learning and growing, ups and downs. 

Great study area in T4, one of the new buildings
I will start off with Sunday. At the MTC, everyone prepares a sacrament talk in their mission language each week! For our branch, the topic this week was enduring to the end. After the sacrament was administered, one of the counselors in our branch presidency got up and announced that Elder Francis would be speaking! I felt a shock wave go over my body when I heard that but then calmed down. I was able to give the talk I had prepared and I felt calm doing it. It was a great experience for me. I know that when we are prepared, we have no need to fear. 

With good friend Cody Merrill
The other crazy part of Sunday was that we heard from another member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles! Elder Ballard and his wife came and he delivered a message to all of the missionaries. His talk was broadcast to every MTC around the world, so when we sang the choir number we were seen and heard by people all over the globe! Elder Ballard spoke to us about "locking our hearts."  As missionaries, we are here to serve the Lord and should be focused on Him.

Laundry Time!
On Tuesday we heard from another Apostle! Elder Anderson! His wife spoke first and gave a powerful message about prayer. Then he spoke and gave some great insights on missionary work. One of my favorite parts of his talk was when he said, "there are people who are searching for the Gospel of Jesus Christ." I think that that simple phrase was so powerful to me because it was a reminder that missionaries are a small yet necessary part of the equation. I want to be the best missionary I can be so that I can find those people!

Nice Sunset
I discovered one of my new favorite hymns this week! Be Still, My Soul. We sang it at the Tuesday night devotional and I don't think that I have ever felt the Spirit as strongly. The lyrics are so comforting. I know that hymns can truly bring the Spirit and teach simply the truths of the Gospel.

Tell Isaac Browning I am excited to see him! Also, I see my friend Brady Spencer from Wahlquist every day! I want to send so many emails but I can never remember them and we are just focused on so much here. Congratulations on the fair! Good luck with school and all of the fun activities. I am so excited for Naomi! I will email her. Thank you for all of the letters from the Mary Englebreit calendar! I got the card in the mail from Aunt Debra and it had a picture of Grandpa Joe and Papa that I am hanging on my mirror. We get our flight plans tomorrow! 

Swedish classes are going well, our district is awesome, and I am excited to go to Sverige in a week and a half! I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be a full time missionary! 

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment