Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, February 12, 2018

Boden Week 23 - February 12, 2018




What a week!

Jakub's baptism! It went so smoothly! Äldste Erdman and I got to sing "Narmare, Gud, till dig" (Nearer, My God, to Thee) and Jakub was baptized by Brother Palm. About 25 people came and there was a 'fika' afterwards. What a cool experience! Jakub was confirmed a member of the church yesterday.




I AM TRANSFERRING! I thought that there was no chance of that but I am going to Jakobsberg to be with Elder Petersen (His first name is Shane!!!!!!!!), one of Elder Harris' previous companions! Jakobsberg is where Jakub is from and his dad lives there! I am leaving on Wednesday. 



I didn't think I was transferring but all of last week I kept thinking of people that we needed to go by. I know that it was the Spirit directing me to see visit some people we needed to visit before I left! I will be leaving Boden! Crazy!  Elder Jarman will be taking my place here in Boden. I love this place! There are so many people that I have met here that I can never forget!


We had splits with Skellefteå this week! I got to be with Elder Callor again. It is so cool to see how much we have improved since our first splits a few months ago! He will also be transferring.


Today for p day, we visited the Gammelstad Kyrka. It is a huge, old church building near Luleå that I have visited before. It was cool to see it again. While we were there, we were looking through Svenska Kyrkans hymnal and found the hymn in the picture below. The pianist at Jakub's baptism played the melody after the closing prayer and it was so beautiful! It is Jakub's favorite chuch song.



As we were driving to the church today a Chinese man called and said he wanted to learn about our church! We met him here and the systers just taught him the Restoration! Wow!

I love hearing about life in Kaysville! I didn't realize how much I loved my family until I left and I didn't realize how much I love Boden until I am leaving! So many people I can't forget... 

A really great, unforgettable week. The last in Boden... Ha det så bra!

Äldste Francis


No comments:

Post a Comment