Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, February 26, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 2 - February 25, 2018


Hello! Stockholm is still awesome.

We had the best ward council meeting ever on Tuesday! The Bishop is really motivated to have members help less active members come to church again. He had a whole PowerPoint presentation made and it was really prefessional!

I wish you could all meet the people in this ward! I love them all so much already. The elders quorum president is named Samuel, he is from Nigeria. I have had a few fun conversations with him. He is trying to learn Swedish still so we translate for him during the Church meetings. 

Splits! I was with Elder Harper, one of the office elders! It was so cool. We ordered hotels and a rental car for President, filled orders, and did other office work. It was fun to see a new side of missionary work and to see some of the behind the scenes stuff!

To answer some of your questions...
The bikes stay with the apartments, We use only public transport right now, but we are actually going to be moving apartments in a few weeks and we will need bikes with the new apartment. We live in Solna right now and will be moving to Kallhäll!

Our Chapel is about the same size as the one in Luleå, maybe a little bigger. I will get a Picture this week to show you. Stockholm is big but there are also lots of places that are wide open with trees and parks, and the Chapel doesn't have any Buildings around it. I am typing with the Swedish keyboard settings so I am sorry for all of the random Capitals :)

The temple is Close, but we get to go only once every 6 months. The Jakobsberg ward is having a temple day on the 17th so hopefully the missionaries can go!

I will get some Pictures of the apartment this week, we have to run back and switch the laudry and get the phone cord so I can do it then. It is about a third the size of Boden, we live on the third floor of a 7 story building. It takes 45 minutes to get to the Chapel, but that time will be reduced when we move.

On a tunnelbana to the church one day, I sat next to this lady, but the whole ride there was a man sitting a few rows in front of us just staring at my tag. I had a huge urge to talk to him but felt awkward getting up from my place during the ride. Right before our stop, I gort up and started talking to him before we got off. It ended up that he got off at the stop we got off of and we eventually switched numbers. I was so close to not talking to him even though knew I needed to. Every time I have the feeling to talk to a specific person and follow it, it turns out really good. Unfortunalty, there have been some people I haven't talked to that I felt I should have. I am working on being more bold and fearless with talking on travel.

I got to give a talk in church yesterday! It was fun to rememeber my last talk and to Think about how much easier it is to speak in Swedish now.

Have a great week!

Äldste Francis


Sorry, we are on library computers and the pctures aren't uploading...

No comments:

Post a Comment