Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, February 19, 2018

Jakobsberg week 1 - February 19, 2018


Stockholm is awesome!

So is Elder Petersen! 


But it was hard to leave Boden... I love that place! Here are a few thoughts from my last day there:

It feels like I've lived in Boden my whole life. But it's been almost six months since I first came to this apartment, to this beautiful little town. I want to reflect on some memories of Boden before I leave. On my last Tuesday we went straight to the Tanger Family from Mongolia. It's a family Elder Harris and I tried to teach but it was a little bit hard because they couldn't speak too much Swedish and we couldn't speak Mongolian and there are apparently two written forms on Mongolion and Church materials are only in the form they couldn't read. I shook hands with the dad and said goodbye. 

After that we walked into Stan for the last time. We planned to go by Mac Jensen and say goodbye to him. We drove to Servost and sat down with him and talked a little bit. It was a really special experience for me because Elder Erdman mentioned how he had seen Mac change over the past 6 weeks, and I said I had seen him change over the past 6 months. He agreed and said the first time Elder Harris and I came he wasn't really listening. It's been only recently since he started to believe in God again and see the change that has happened in him. 

Elder Erdman and I are so happy to see him pray again and read his scriptures. I love Mac. I hope that someday I'll come back to Sweden and visit him. After lunch we had our last companionship study which was sad. Our first companionship study was when President Monson passed away. Today we talked and prepared for Muchstiva's lesson.We drove to visit Tosin. He lives in one of the immigrant camps. We talked for a few minutes and I said goodbye. I've grown to really respect him.

Then we went to the library where we had a lesson with Muchstiva. We hope that what we taught him gave him peace.

Lula came to the library and I was able to say goodbye to him and get a picture. It seems so crazy to be saying goodbye to all of these people. I remember when we met them, it doesn't seem like that long ago but then I think about all of the things we've done together. 

Then we came back to the apartment and I packed all of my stuff. Then we left again and we visited the Dahlqvist's house and said goodbye to them. It was so strange because I remember the first time Elder Harris and I drove out to where their house is and Elder Harris explained to me that there was a member that lived there. It was so amazing to me that I felt like we were the only members of the church in northern Sweden and then I saw their house and I knew that there was somebody else that knew who Jesus Christ is and that His Church is back on the earth. It was so amazing to me. Ever since then we've had so many good memories there, teaching Jakob and lots of fun dinners and a lot of things that happened at that house. I hope I can go back someday.  I'm really sad to be leaving Boden but I'm really happy with all of the wonderful friendships that I made but I hope I can come back with my family someday and show you all this great place.

I took a plane down to Stockholm on Wednesday. Alone as a missionary!? It was exciting. I sat next to a man from Germany and had a great conversation with him. After the flight, he even booked a ticket on the same train as me so that we could keep talking! I had prayed that I would have someone to talk to! I met Elder Petersen at the Stockholm Central station, and we have had the coolest week. There are so many train stops and bus stops and subway stops and ward members and a thousand other new things I am trying to get strait... So fun! 


Jakobsberg (yes it is ya-kobes-berry) is so cool! We actually live in Solna, our area is pretty big. Elder Petersen is so great! We have really gotten along well so far! There are systers and a couple in the ward, both so great! We are pretty much in downtown Stockholm... So many people! We visited the largest mall in Scandinavia today. 

The assistents to the president and the office elders are in our distrikt, so we see them every distrikt meeting.

I don't have a ton of time but one cool experience this week was that we were tracting and Elder Petersen suggested that we call a member to pray for us! We called and they agreed to. 10 minutes later, we were let in by a man who we eventually switched numbers with and will be meeting again this Saturday. Elder Petersen is very in tune with the Spirit, that is one thing that I have already noticed as a strength he has.


There was a baptism on Sunday! A little girl from Mongolia that the sisters have been teaching was baptized. One of the sisters, Syster Neilsen, and I got to perform 'Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing!' She played and I sang. It was short notice but turned out well!


This is going to be a great few months!

Äldste Francis

1 comment: