Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, March 19, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 5 - March 19, 2018

Hello!

A great week!  

On the bus home from district meeting, a whole class of school kids got on and they were speaking American English! You have no idea how funny it sounds to hear little kids speaking perfect English until you haven't heard it for a while! Anyways, I asked the little girl who sat next to me where they were all from. She said that they were with the international school in Stockholm on their way to go swimming, and she said she was from Colorado! I said that I was from Utah, and she said, "Wow! That's where my grandparents and cousins live!" I somehow knew right away that she was LDS, and I showed her my nametag She got so excited and said, "I go to that church, too!" She goes to a different ward in Stockholm. 

I was on splits AGAIN in the office! There are 3 missionaries there right now, and since Elder Petersen is the district leader he has been taking each one on splits in our area which means that I go to the office! It was fun to be there again and to be part of a tri-pan. Tracting was fun, too, I don't think that most people realized that there was a third person standing behind the door. 

We are moving next week on Tuesday! The contract on our current apartment will run out in a few days. The new apartment will be in Kallhäll, closer to our church. I havn't seen it yet but Elder Petersen and I are both so excited! 

Daylight savings is on the 25th! The sun is up when we are up now and it gets lighter and lighter each day!

I can't believe that it was a year ago when I opened my call! How special! It really feels like that was just a few weeks ago...

I received a package in the mail from Bryant Jepsen, serving in Denmark. He found a missionary journal of Ben's in his mission apartment and sent it to me. (Ben actually lost the journal while riding the train home from zone conference. He felt so sad about it because it had all of his notes. But then it turned up in an apartment! Isn't that cool about the journal!!!!!) It has been so cool reading through it. I felt such a feeling of comfort as I opened the package from Bryant and saw Ben's handwriting.

How am I really doing... You feel so spiritually energized sometimes and at other times you wish you could just give a hug to your dad and take a nap with everyone on the living room floor while you wait for fast Sunday dinner to be cooked by someone else! There are challenges sometimes but it always works out. I can tell you that while I have been out in Sweden I have definitely gained a stronger testimony that continues to grow as it is stretched. 


Elder Petersen and I got to teach Gospel Principles again yesterday, and it was so fun! The lesson was on Our Heavenly Family. I encourage all of you to study these foundational principles of the Gospel! It has been so faith building for me to study and teach about these things that are so important for us to remember. I am so grateful for my family and for the talents and gifts that they have been blessed with which have also blessed me!

I love you all! 

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment