Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, March 5, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 3 - March 5, 2018



Hello again! Happy March!



Stockholm has been snowy this week! It felt more like Boden on Wednesday, the wind makes things a lot colder! The sun is out more and more, it's up by the time we wake up!



Stockholm is really fun. I have seen president about the same amount, he is in a different ward. I have not met Jakub's dad yet, but Jakub came to Jakobsberg ward yesterday! I completely forgot to take a picture but it was so fun to sit by him in sacrament meeting and know that he was a member!



A few cool experiences from this week...

We visited a member named Katerina this week, and her nonmember husband was there! His name is Sven and he is blind. We shared a message about Mormons Bok and Sven said that he wanted to listen to it on his iPhone! We hope that we can begin teaching him about this great Gospel!

I went on splits with Elder Berlin, one of the assistants! He taught me a ton about missionary work. Elder Berlin is really good at talking to people and then smoothly transitioning the conversation to testify of a gospel truth. We had a great day together.





There is this kind of pastry here in Sweden right now that Elder Petersen really loves (I like them too) called a semla! We have eaten way too many of them. I think there is a picture of one below.





On the bus on Tuesday, I had a really good conversation with a lady. Soon the conversation turned to the Book of Mormon. The lady was christian, and I tried to explain why the Book of Mormon is so great, but she was really uninterested and just shrugged when I was telling her about it. It made me a little upset and confused. Later that day, Elder Petersen and I talked to an unusually large amount of people about the Book of Mormon and gave out quite a few copies. I am grateful for the experience I had with the lady on the bus, it really made me have to think and remember and practice explaining the Book of Mormon. I studied President Nelson's talk the next day and have been reminded of just how much we are blessed because of our second witness of Jesus Christ! I wish I had a second chance talking to that nice lady. I am grateful for experiences that make us want to be better!

Here are pictures of our apartment!






Have a fantastic week!

Äldste Francis


No comments:

Post a Comment