Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, April 9, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 8 - April 9, 2018


Hello!

Another good week full of finding and teaching!

One cool experience from this week happened on splits with Elder Harden! We were at the Kallhäll train station and began talking to a man. He got on the train one car ahead of us, so the conversation ended. Elder Harden and I could tell that he was pretty interested, and we knew that he was getting off at Jakobsberg like we were, so we decided to try to find him again when the train stopped. We got off at Jakobsberg and waited inside the station then stopped him as he walked by. In the end, we switched numbers with him and planned to meet the next morning. He, Markus, came the next morning to the planned meeting at the church! We taught him about prayer and asked him to pray before our next meeting, which will be this Wednesday. Elder Harden and I felt like we had seen a little miracle: we had begun talking to someone that became a pretty positive investigator the next day!


Also on splits with Elder Harden, we had dinner at Antonio's house. He is a member in the ward from Chile. He made SO MUCH chicken and potatis gretang. Being a missionary is so fun!

Elder Petersen and I have set a goal to only speak Swedish. It has been super fun! It has made me remember that we can both say pretty much whatever we want to på svenska! 



On the way to church yesterday, I began talking to a lady walking the same direction as us. She was going to the Catholic church, which is right across the street from the Jakobsberg chapel. I soon found out that she is the mother of one of the members I know really well from the Luleå branch! It was the coolest thing! She said that she was worried when her son said that he was going to be a Mormon but that she was glad when he told her he was doing it because he loved Jesus Christ. 

I am so glad to hear that you all had so much fun with the Harris fam! I feel like I know each one of them, and it was funny to see the pictures of Harris and Francis people in the same picture! I am glad to hear that Äldste Harris (that is so funny to hear to him referred to as Grant!) has decided to go to BYU! He always told me he wasn't 100 percent sure if his parents would let him! 

I will include some more pictures of the apartment. That is kind of how Stockholm is- there is a busy part but the part that is our area goes from suburb to wilderness to city.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICO! I sent a postcard but it was last Tuesday so I don't know when it will get there! I do remember that evening, very well actually! I was doing my 10th grade English homework... Time sure flies.

We are in the Stockholm Zone. Jakub came to our ward yesterday! It was fun to see him again! I haven't met his dad, I need to get the address. 

Elder Petersen and I are going to the Stockholm Sweden Temple tomorrow! 

Have a great week!

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment