Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, April 23, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 10 - April 23, 2018


Hello again!

I usually bring my journal or planner with me so that I can remember what happened during the week, but I forgot both of those today! It has been a great week and I will share a few experiences that I can remember. 

On one day this week, I got onto a bus and a guy said 'hey missionary! How ya doin!?' It was an investigator that came to church a few times in Boden, and we met in Stockholm! It was good to see him again, there is a picture of us below.

Stake Conference was this week, and the same Area 70 that spoke at the district conference in Umeå when I was there a few months ago came to the Stockholm Stake. He is from France, and he spoke about the necessity of being able to receive personal revelation. The four steps he talked about were to pray, ponder, write down promptings, and then to act. This is similar to President Nelson's message from General Confrerence!


Elder Petersen felt prompted to visit an area that we hadn't been to before. We got there and began knocking on some doors. After the tracting session was coming to an end, we began talking to a lady who was pushing her two daughters in a stroller. It turned out that her husband, who is from Australia, grew up in an LDS family. She accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon in Swedish and even took a picture of me and Elder Petersen to send to her inlaws! It was a cool experience for us because Elder Petersen and I had specifically prayed that we would be able to find a family and had felt prompted to visit that area. 


We will be receiving our smartphones on Thursday! Basically what will change is that we will have 2 Samsungs instead of one iPhone, we will be be allowed to access social media, and we will begin using the phone as an area book and as a daily planner. Hello Facebook!

Have a great week!

Love,

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment