Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, November 26, 2018

Haninge Week 11 - November 26, 2018

My last email was only a few days ago, last Wednesday! Elder Burns and I have had a wonderful past few days and some unforgettable experiences. 

Thanksgiving was great! We were blessed to have two Thanksgiving feasts. The first was with a Canadian and his Swedish wife, they had invited us and another couple over (the wife is American). It was great to eat turkey and stuffing and cheesy beans together. We were invited to come over to the Vendelsö bishop's house the next day and enjoyed more Thanksgiving foods including sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Although there were few here in Stockholm celebrating this happy holiday, many of our friends expressed to us that Thanksgiving is a holiday Sweden should adopt. It is wonderful to have a day dedicated to being thankful. 


Our good friend Isabelle was baptized on Saturday! It was an amazing amazing experience. It seemed uncertain that the baptism would go through up until the last few hours, and I thank Heavenly Father that it was able to happen. As I witnessed the baptism, the thoughts going through my head centered around how pure Isabelle looked as she covenanted to keep the commandments and to take upon herself the name of Jesus Christ. I can't think of a more beautiful symbol than that of dressing in white and being immersed in water. No wonder this is the way that God has provided for us to begin our journey on the covenant path back to Him.  

I have recently been studying about the names of Jesus Christ. Numerous conference talks in the most recent General Conference focused on taking upon us His name, and I find it fascinating that Jesus Christ has so many different titles. Each title represents another role that He fills, and I think that each title reveals for us another aspect of us taking his name upon us. One of the names I have been pondering is Prince of Peace. I love this name of the Savior, and I think that it is a fitting title. I love the peace that I testify Jesus Christ can provide for us. I've felt it as I have had questions regarding my faith, day to day struggles in missionary life, and as I've studied from the scriptures. 

I love you all!

Äldste Francis



No comments:

Post a Comment