Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Boden Week 9 - October 30, 2017


Tack och hej Oktober and hejsan November!!



The first snow in Boden! It was great! We had Daylight Savings time this week, so now the sun goes down around 4! I am grateful to have Elder Harris as my companion, a continually happy, consistantly Christlike man!



While tracting, and older man let Elder Harris and I in! He seemed to know a lot about history, so Elder Harris asked him if he knew anything about the history of the Americas around the year 0. He admitted that he didn't, so we told him about the Book of Mormon! Olaf (that's his name) seemed interested said that we could come back this week.



We went bowling with Mohammad, a recent convert! It was fun to be with him and to learn some Arabic words! 

Mac came to church for the first time in 7 years! It was great to see him dressed in a suit talking to the members in the branch. I hope that this is the first step of many that he takes to come back into the fold!

Elder Harris and I helped at the Nässlunds farm again! This time, we were successful in gathering all of the cows into the corral.

We put the winter tires onto the car!




I gave a talk in church! While we were helping at the Nässlunds, President Nässlund asked if I would speak on prayer in sacrament meeting. I was able to give the whole talk in Swedish and I think that people understood what I was saying! I know that we can pray to our Heavenly Father at any time. I prayed for peace and confidence before my talk, and I felt the comfort I had prayed for. 

I have been reading in the book of Mosiah this week! I love King Benjamin's address to his people. I love the insights we get on Heavenly Father. He has truly given us, 'the dust of the earth,' everything that we have! He cares for us 'moment to moment,' and all He asks of us is to follow His commandments. And when we follow them, what happens? We are given even more. Why has Heavenly Father done so much for his children and why does he continue to care for them? I don't know if I'll ever completely understand His love, but it is evident to me that He comletely loves us!



Have a wonderful week, and Happy Halloween!

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment