Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, October 9, 2017

Boden Week 6 - October 9, 2017



Hey Again!

I had splits again this week! Elder Harris and I traveled down to Skellefteå and stayed with Elder Barker and Elder Callor. I spent the whole day with Elder Callor which was awesome because we are both Greenies! We were able to say what we needed to say and go where we needed to go! It was so cool to see that I have progressed with Swedish! It was also so cool to be companions with Elder Callor, someone I have know for 4 years now! Who would have thought that we would be sharing the Gospel together in Northern Sweden someday?



It was the last district meeting of this transfer! The biggest change is that Syster Nelson, my mission 'mom,' is being transferred! So there will be a new syster missionary in Luleå. I will stay in Boden with Elder Harris, as we expected. It feels great to be at the beginning of another transfer! The last 6 weeks went by so quickly!



I love Boden! I always think of Baden when I see the Boden sign and I think of Autumn when I see the tree leaves! Right now it isn't raining too hard but there are always lots of rain clouds! We did get to see the sky yesterday, though, for a little bit! 

My Desk!

Petrus and Sabina came to church this week! Petrus drove Elder Harris and I in his new BMW. They both stayed all three hours. 



On the way home, Petrus said that he wanted to buy a suit and he asked if he could come again next week. Of course, Petrus!! We also saw a huge rainbow on the drive home!

I was able to watch the last session of General Conference this week! I loved Elder Anderson's talk when he shared part of Elder Hales' talk! I also really loved all of them and need to listen and read them again! 



Elder Harris and I have had a great week of finding work, teaching, and visiting members. We got to eat dinner at the Liljansalo's home on Saturday! They are a family in the branch with 4 kids! It was so comforting to be in a home with pictures of Jesus, temples, and family on the walls! 



Speaking of Elder Harris: I am so grateful for my trainer! I am grateful for his example to me, the help he gives me with Swedish, all that he has taught me about being a missionary, and especially for his testimony. Being companions with Elder Harris has shown me in a new way that Heavenly Father loves us, He knows us, and he prepares specific people for us to interact with and learn from. 

Have  a great week! Hej då!

Äldste Francis




P.S. From Aldste Francis' companion, Aldste Grant Harris:

Joy=When Äldste Francis is your companion

Äldste Francis is amazing. We are having so much fun together. Miracle because of Elder Francis this week:


 We are contacting on the way back to the apartment and we see this lady at a bus stop. I feel like we should talk to her but I quickly pushed it out, thinking it would be weird because we would be going a little out of our way just to talk to her. I know, lame excuse. Anyway, Äldste Francis , who is FEARLESS, walks over to her  and says, "Hej, vi är missionärer ifrån Jesu Kristi Kyrka".... We ended up giving her a Book of Mormon and switched phone numbers! Tack Äldste Francis!

We got transfer calls, I will be staying in Boden with Äldste Francis, and finish 'training' him, even though he's already mastered it. 

Äldste Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment