Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 11 ~ May 1, 2018


Hello!

This week was so good.

On Thursday evening, we traveled to Gubbängen to pick up our phones, then on Friday morning was zone conference. The first half was all about learning how to use an app on the phones that now serves as both our planner and Area Book! It was crazy. We will be spending time over the next few months transferring paper teaching records onto the phone. Also, we use Facebook now! It is a tool for reaching out to those we teach.


The phone is WAY nice! I feel really weird carrying it around! I have been on Facebook this week, that has been strange, too! There is an additional section in the White Handbook on using technology that clarifies what we can use technology for. We are supposed to use Facebook as a way to reach out to one specific person at a time, so I think that we will mostly be using the Messanger app to have group chats as a companionship with investigators. We are allowed to post things occasionally if we think that it could benefit someone specifically. We are supposed to be creative in thinking of ways to use technology to help with missionary work. The best thing that I have been able to do so far is become friends with friends that I have in Casper who are not members (Sammy, Jacob). I also want to find Ms. Willy, the bus driver. Do you know her first name? I will try to explain more about how we are supposed to use Facebook on the phone call in two weeks!!

I gave a talk in church on Sunday! It was about the sacrament. I love giving talks because of how much I learn in preparation for them! Sunday evening was the visit from Elder Renlund of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles! Elder Renlund's mother was born in Sweden, and his father was born in Finland and grew up in Sweden. Elder Renlund gave his remarks in Swedish. It was so fun to hear an apostle giving a talk på Svenska!!


Our mission had the chance to listen to Elder Renlund again yesterday. Because Elder Petersen and I were close enough to the Gubbängen chapel, we were able to listen to him in person again. I got to shake his hand! Elder Renlund is amazing. He had four messages for our mission. 1) Thank You, from the Lord 2) We have all been called to this exact mission, and we are entitled to know that 'down to our bones.' Elder Renlund shared his experiences assigning missionaries to missions, and he testified that there are no mistakes made. 3) President and Sister Youngberg were sent to this mission specifically for us. Elder Rendlund had met the Youngbergs multiple times before being called as an apostle, and he said that there is no greater mission president and wife in the world. I agree, I love President and Sister Youngberg so much! 4) We are all entitled to a witness that Presidnet Nelson is the Prophet on the earth to day. Elder Renlund and his wife were so amazing. I bear my witness that Dale G. Renlund is on of the 12 men on the earth today that is an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ.


Yesterday on the bus, the man I was talking to got off before our stop so I got up and started talking to a Swedish teenager. He had his earbuds in at first and kept attempting to put them back in but I tried to keep asking followup questions to prevent him from going back into his music world. Eventually, he became more engaged in the conversation and he was actually super interested in the Book of Mormon. He listened intently as I described a little of the book's history, and he was excited when I pulled out a copy I had with me. He asked me to show him a part I recommended and he began reading it immediately. It was cool to see someone so intent on learning more! Hopefully he will be able to meet later this week.


On April 30th the Swedes build big fires to burn away winter. Happy May Day!

Äldste Francis


No comments:

Post a Comment