Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, September 24, 2018

Haninge Week 2 - September 24, 2018

Hello from Haninge! The Work of the Lord moves forward in South Stockholm...

On Tuesday, I was talking to a nice older lady on the bus. The conversation was okay, and towards the end of the bus ride I noticed another nice older lady staring at me. As Elder Hansen and I got off and were walking away from the bus stop, I felt like we should talk to the lady who had been staring at me. We turned around and headed back to the bus stop and found her waiting for another bus. We started talking to her and found out that her name is Linnea, she had talked to missionaries before, and that they had invited her to the church but she had never gone. We asked if she would be able to come to the church sometime, and she said yes! We got her number and called to remind her on Friday. Yesterday, she came to sacrament meeting with two friends! A cool part of the story is that a member who was on his way to church saw them waiting at the bus stop and felt prompted to invite them to church without knowing that they were already on their way! He sat next to them during the meeting and said that at the end one of the ladies said that the talks during sacrament meeting were exactly what she needed to hear. Hopefully we will be able to teach Linnea and her two friends this week.

We did service at a member's house! Elder Hansen and I got our painting clothes on and helped to whitewash part of the wall at the member's newly built home. 

Also, we received two member referrals on Sunday! These wards are crazy.

Otherwise, this week has been full of lots of finding work plus more member meals! Fun fun. One of the messages that we shared at a member meal was about Christlike attributes. I mentioned that often as missionaries we ask the people we talk to what they think the purpose/meaning of life is. The number one response is "to be a good person." Well, we believe that, too! One of our purposes here is to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ, and he is the best example of what a good person is! By learning more about him and consciously following his teachings, we can become our best selves. During the member message, we shared this video about Christlike attributes and invited the members to think of an attribute they have tried to develop as they have followed Jesus Christ. We invited them to share their experience about becoming a better person thanks to Christ with someone they know and to use it as a way to bring up the Restored Gospel. I want to do that more, too, this week. I am so thankful for my belief in Jesus Christ, it has had a profound effect on me. I testify that as I have learned more about Him I have been able to make changes that have helped me to become a little better! 

Have a great week!

Äldste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment