Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, September 10, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 30 - September 10, 2018

Hello!

My final week here in Jakobsberg... So strange! I have lived here for around 7 months now and Stockholm honestly feels like home. I couldn't have asked for a better last week here, I saw so many people and places that I can't ever forget! 

One of the coolest parts of the week was that William, Mason, Mason's mother, Nathalie, and Michal all came to church! These are people that Elder Barney and I have been teaching, I felt so blessed to see them one last time yesterday. It's interesting being a missionary, strangers that you talk to on the street or at the door become such close friends! 

I had the great priveledge of going on splits with Elder Beveridge again! We had a great time in Täby together. We had the opportunity to teach one of the people the Assistants teach, a man from China. We also contacted people on a type of train called a Roslagsbana, that was fun. 

Transfers are on Wednesday! I will be headed to an area called Haninge, it is in the south of Stockholm. Stockholm really does feel like home!! :) The area covers two wards and it is a combination of two previous mission areas, Handen and Vändelse. I will be with Elder Hansen from American Fork, Utah! I will serve as the District Leader. There are 3 missionary companionship in the district: sisters in Västerhaninge where the temple is, elders on the big Swedish island called Gotland, and us in Haninge. So exciting!!! 

I gave a talk yesterday in church about change. I have seen lots of change while here in Jakobsberg! The weather is different, there are new faces at church each Sunday, and my testimony has grown in ways that I am so grateful for. One of the scriptures I referred to during my talk is Mormon 9:9, "For do we not read that God is the same yesterdaytoday, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing?" I am so grateful that despite all of the constant change we experience, we can always trust in our Heavenly Father. 

Love you all!

Äldste Francis

P.S. Baden is Peter Pan in the school musical???? CONGRATULATIONS BADEN!! YOU ARE SO TALENTED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment