Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Åldste Francis in the Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, May 21, 2018

Jakobsberg Week 14 - May 21, 2018


It's hot here! For May/mig, at least! The trees in front of the church were covered in blossoms for a few days and lots of people were taking pictures of them. I got one, too! It has been a fantastic week.

A few fun events...

We did service at a member's house, his name is Andre! We helped him load a trailer and got to hear about some of the cool songs he has written. 

On Wednesday, I went on splits with Elder Marineau again! It was fun to talk about Davis things. While we were tracting, we met two brothers that invited us back to tell them about the Restoration! Elder Gordon and I taught them the next day and they were really excited to read the Book of Mormon.

We went tracting with one of the young men in our ward. While we were tracting, someone let us in! The young man we were with was really excited (we were, too) and we were invited back.

I had interviews with President Youngberg! I am so grateful for my mission president! I hope that you all can meet him someday. He always shares the best insights and advice.

We went to the top of the tower at 'Stadhuset' today! There were some great views of Stockholm from up there. We also talked to a couple from Seattle (Elder Gordon's hometown) and a man who lives in Indianapolis. 

Wow. You ran a half marathon! I thought about you all as you woke up and started the race! Isn't it beautiful? I agree, the first 3/4s are just great, then you come out of the shade and off of the downhill and it gets tough! I can't believe that there are 4 people in our family that have ran a half marathon!! Did you all stay together the whole time? I just saw all of the amazing pictures! I recognized some of the places. 


While I was on one of many train rides this week, I started talking to the man across from me. It quickly became clear that he was uninterested in talking so I got up and began walking to a new seat. To my surprise, I saw Brother Muhi from the branch in Luleå! I sat down with him and we had a great conversation. He was on his way to Jakobsberg to visit his mother after being in the temple. He even posted on Facebook about it! I agree with Brother Muhi, 'man kan se Guds hand i många vardagliga händelser.' May we keep our eyes open and see the miracles that are always happening around us!

Have the best week!

Äldste Francis


No comments:

Post a Comment